Fundamental Montessori principles enable your preschooler to achieve success in the following areas:
- Practical Life materials and activities include real activities which the child has seen the adult performing in the home.They help the child develop coordination and independence, as well as learn the specific skills to care for himself or herself and the surrounding environment.
- Sensorial materials teach the child to discriminate and appreciate impressions of the senses. These materials help the child develop concentration, which is essential for learning. They also help the child experiment and establish a sense of order and clarity in the mind and environment.
- Math materials enable the child to develop logical and precise thinking. Manipulation of materials helps the child begin to understand abstract concepts through the concrete stages of formation.
- Language materials and activities stimulate expressive and receptive language development and help lay a strong groundwork for writing, reading, future language, and academics.
- Science materials and activities help the child identify, understand, and categorize phenomena of the world. The child discovers how to effect change in his or her world.
- Geography & Social Studies materials and activities help the child explore various aspects of the physical and political world and different cultures. The child develops a global perspective and an interest in other places and the children who live there.
- Music & Movement materials and activities enhance social- emotional growth and intellectual development, as well as, help the child learn and appreciate music and movement.
- Art materials and activities allow the child to follow his or her creative impulse with expression through the art medium. We help the child develop art appreciation and his or her own individual "style."
At Mary’s Montessori we assist each child to blossom and thrive at each stage of the early formative years!
Full and Half Day Schedules Available